Risks and problems in family relationships in a pandemic
The State Committee for Family, Women and Children's Affairs conducted an analysis of the situation in interpersonal relationships in families as a result of social isolation measures and the application of a special quarantine regime in the country in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic. The survey was conducted through a structured questionnaire in the form of telephone and online interviews with the population over 18 years of age. In total, 648 respondents participated in this study. 41.8% of respondents were men and 58.2% were women. Thus, 44.7% of respondents rated their family relations as "good" and 32.3% as "very good". The answers show that 77% of respondents have a good relation with their families. However, the situation in the remaining 23% of families is not satisfactory.
Respondents were asked, "What is the main reason for your argument?". Most of the answers were “we do not understand each other” (34.1%) and “impatience” (15.5%). In another question, respondents were asked what qualities help strengthen their families. The main answers were “understanding each other” (35.6%) and “mutual respect” (20.4%).
35.6% of respondents answered “understand each other”, 20.4% “mutual respect”, 19.1% “responsibility to the family”, 15.3% “friendship, kindness”, 9.6% answered "love" to the question “ What qualities do you think can help you to strengthen your family?”
58.2% of respondents said they were “satisfied” with being with their family during the quarantine period, 40.6% were “partially satisfied” and 1.2% were “dissatisfied”.
Respondents were answered to the question “What do you do most of the time you spend together?” as following “we play board games together; We watch TV ”(37.4%),” “we are interested in children's lessons, do homework with them ”(22.7%), “we do household chores together ”(18.2%).
An analysis of the responses to the question “What changes can you note in the attitude towards your family before and now before quarantine”, showed that working women and men did not devote enough time to the education, development and upbringing of children due to lack of time. Thus, 36.4% of respondents said that they used to work more and did not have time to be with their families. 8.1% of respondents said that "before I could not spend enough time with my wife", 6.7% said "before I spent most of my time at work and with friends, and now with my family, children", 6.9% said, I have never had such sincere communication with my wife and children.”
The question "Who do you turn to when you are in a difficult situation?" was answered: “their parents (51.3%)”, “friends or girlfriends (35.6%). 9.7% of respondents said that they consulted close relatives, and 3.4% - a psychologist.
Responding to the question "If you have a problem in the family, who do you rely on?", they expressed more confidence in themselves (34.1%) and their parents (28.7%). In general, 37.2% expressed confidence in the assistance of the state (25.3%) and law enforcement agencies (11.9%). Citizens now prefer to solve their problems legally. Because only in this case they can consider themselves fully protected.